Community Heritage Theatre Project
Ways to Get Involved
We, Outburst Theatre and St Laurence Church, invite senior residents to contribute to our theatre and heritage project in the following ways:
1 – Share at Research & Reminiscence Day – Sat 22nd Sept
Attendees required to share memories and other information with local primary school children who will be conducting research to form the basis of their theatre performance.
Open to –
* Local residents who can share memories of Catford and Lewisham from the year 1968 or just prior to this.
* Local historians and community members who can share articles, artefacts, photographs and any other items of interest from the year 1968 or just prior to this.
2 – Submit Articles/ Artefacts Suitable for Research
* Please send copies of articles (written documents and photos) to outbursttheatre.co.uk
* For original documents or other small artefacts you are willing to lend to the project for the purpose of research and/ or display in our exhibition area, please contact St Laurence’ Church on 020 8698 9706. These will be stored and treated with the utmost care.
Please note, there is limited storage space at the church, so we can’t accept larger items unless you are willing to deliver and collect on each of the two days (22nd Sept & 3rd Nov).
3 – Perform in Production
Open to –
* Local residents with performance backgrounds who are able to commit to the following rehearsals:
SAT 13th Oct
SAT 20th Oct
WEDS 24th Oct
THURS 25th Oct
THURS 1st Nov
FRI 2nd Nov
Plus 1 x performance date:
SAT 3rd Nov
Performance responsibilities include guiding audience groups through the performance space, in character.
If you have any queries about how to get involved or what you can contribute, please contact Ros Parker at Outburst Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org